Sunday 14 March 2021

Finding My Tribe

I meant to use this one yesterday, and visa-versa, but old age comes not alone 

(as Granma used to say)
From Facebook archives

13 March 2016 at 19:18 ·

Collecting yesterday for Marie Curie Cancer Care in Superdrug…

An elderly lady buys a daffodil but has difficulty getting the back off to pin it to her coat.  So I put on my glasses, take the back off, can't get it through the coat so we decide to put in in her scarf.  She's shopping with her friend who is in the queue for the till.

"This getting old isn't for sissies" she comments as her friend comes up "first the eyes go, then the ears.  Her eyes and ears have gone" indicating the friend who is approaching to buy a daffodil.

I offer to help the friend with her daffodil pin and we manage to get it through her coat, but near the buttonhole edge where it is covered by her scarf.

"She put mine in my scarf where people can see it " says Elderlylady.

"Well I can always flash my daffodil if I get challenged" says Friend.
"Well I'm not with you if you're going to go around flashing your daffodil at people" says Elderlylady in pure Round The Horne fashion.

They walk off with all three of us cackling.

 

I don’t believe there will have been any daffodilstreet collections this year.

If you’ve enjoyed this blog, please think about making a donation to Marie Curie Cancer Care, or buying something from their online shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment