Wednesday 24 March 2021

Foot Down With A Firm Hand


From Facebook Archives

24 March 2014 at 10:01

Ferretfingers had a mega tantrum this morning (as did I) and went screaming out and onto the Independent Lives minibus when it arrived 

(five minutes early).   

As part of the tantrum was about not wanting to go I was not best pleased when the driver says 

"I can't have him on my bus like that."

He'd chosen the wrong mamma on the wrong morning for that.

I forbore to point out it wasn't his bus it was his employer's bus.

I said "If he gets away with once we'll never get him on again."

Reply "I understand that, but I've the others to think of."

I repeated my previous statement and added "He'll shut up once you start moving"

Him "He hasn't got a coat …"

Me "Yes he has, he's carrying it."

Ferretfingers had now shut up, thanks to the calming presence of the chaperone, so off they went.

Sorry pal, you and Independent Lives are being paid by the local authority (and its council tax payers) to look after Ferretfingers on a Monday and look after him you will.

 

TyleBach  My kind of girl!!! Well done you xxx 
Mercy Dunn  Go sister!!!
Mr Strawangel  Good on you Ben! X
Bess Cavalier  Go girl, go!
Strawangel  Good for you B!!!! xx
KA Independent Lives?  Would love more info. x
Bentonbag   They run a respite/daycare (for want of a better word) at the Country Park Farm - people do gardening, looking after animals and poultry, mucking out, feeding, cooking - they also go for walks.  Ferretfingers goes there on Mondays and I think it's good for him to be outdoors doing a variety of physical stuff.  It's been fine so far, except some clients seem to insist on playing music which Ferretfingers can't tolerate.  
He's been going since October.  The Farm, garden, fields etc are open to the public so anyone can go and have a look around - although they will check you out if you wander into Independent Lives' building (as they should)
LHS  Great job Ben,
Mrs Poet This glimpse into your life and not just your wit and intelligence increases my respect. x
Monty  Gotta feel sorry for poor git
Bentonbag  Monty - Messing with daughters of the Manordeilo Mothers' Mafia is not recommended
 
Mrs Leftfoot I hope all is calm and well today....x
Bentonbag So far ....
Monty Famous last words...

25 March 2014 at 14:15 ·

Yes there are bad days like yesterday but then there are those few times when he looks me in the eye and I see the boy inside and my heart swells.

No comments:

Post a Comment