Tuesday 30 March 2021

Chiropody

From Facebook archives, it’s sobering to think I am now seven years older than Mum was in this photo.

30 March 2014 at 11:21
·

Here's my Mum (in 1976) relishing tormenting my older sister with tales of her trip to the chiropodist..  She's the same age as I am now ....

Tylebach  brilliant!!
Bentonbag  I know this isn't the prettiest picture of Mum, but it's the most characterful.
Tylebach  it's fab!
Bentonbag  Sister reckons Mum "really looks Irish" in this picture.  Anyone of Hibernian* descent care to comment?

 

 

*Bigbrother recently had one of those ancestry heredity tests done. 

He is and presumably we, his siblings, are 37% Irish.

Given that  his and sister-in-law’s family tree work indicates Mother’s paternal grandparents all originated from Northern Ireland (came over to Scotland and worked in Montrose linen mills), 

it’s hardly surprising she should look Irish.

And I see her almost every time I look in the mirror.

 

PS 

Apologies to Bigsister who hates seeing photographs of herself, almost as much as she hates feet.  At this point in the conversation Mother had just described having some yellow disinfectant dressing “wound round and round my little toe”, following a detailed account of how corns and bits of hard skin had been scraped off with a small scalpel and other implements.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment