Monday 29 March 2021

One Year On

August 2010, taken by Ferretfingers

For most of March 2020 I blogged every day to keep family and friends informed of Ferretfingers’ recovery and recuperation from his broken ankle.

The day Lockdown started he managed to make it up the stairs into his own bed, and into and out of the bath.   

Which meant the wonderful washers from Comfort Care could be relieved from their duties, and the commode, wheelchair and person mover we’d borrowed could be taken away again.  This minimised the number of people coming and going out of the house to just us four.

Kind friends mentioned how much they looked forward to the email alerting them to my blog.

Some live alone, but as everybody had limited company and amusement; I decided to blog daily until this present unpleasantness is over.

I archive my blogs in Word documents:  there was Hospital Log, Recuperation Log then Lockdown Log1 - first entry 29 March 2020.   

We are now on Lockdown Log 12, and I’m proud to say I’ve only missed four days.   

That was when we managed to get away to a caravan in Northumberland during that short time such things were allowed.

From the start I’ve relied on Facebook entries, some current but increasingly from archives.

As well as the e-alert I also put links to new bloggings on Facebook and Twitter.

In the past year Tales of Chateau Midden has had 27,100 viewings; that’s an average of 75 per day.

The Top Ten blogs (by viewing figures) are

 

Thank You Stand, 4 April 2020  (266)
Shopping Trip Treat,  2 April 2020  (193)
Say That Again, 7 April 2020  (149)
Goodbye Washers, 1 April 2020  (136)
Jab Done, 26 January 2021  (131)
The Skinny Dip That Wasn't, 22 September 2020  (129)
Locks Lopped, 4 July 2020  (124)
Death of a Hudl, 28 September 2020   (123)
Good Friday Thoughts, 10 April 2020  (123)
Fester Builds A Raised Bed, 5 April 2020 (115)

 

Every bedtime Fester asks “Have you got your deathless prose ready for tomorrow?”...

and almost every morning I’m up before him to get it uploaded before breakfast.

It has helped give some structure to my days.

And I’m afraid it will have to carry on doing so for the foreseeable future.

I hope my blogs are helping to keep you amused.

If they are, or even if they’re not, feel free to share the link with your Facebook friends, Twitter followers or even people you know in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment