Saturday 13 March 2021

Mother is Redundant

 From Facebook Archives

13 March 2015 at 11:34

Yesterday evening Fester attended a lecture on old coal mines at the Mining Institute.  Thunderthighs made his usual Thursday evening early tea of cheese on toast before heading off to his evening class.  Ferretfingers noticed it was getting on for tea time and there was only me

"Where's Thunderthighs?"

"Gone to college"

"Where's Daddy?"

"He's at a meeting at the Mining Institute.  So I'm making tea."

"No!" (despairingly)

We adjourned to the kitchen where I opened the store cupboard.

"So, what do you want for tea?  Spaghetti and meatballs?"

"NO!" (firmly)

"So you don't want me to make your tea?"

"NO!"

"Don't you want tea?"

"No tea!"

So I made myself a sandwich and took it into the living room, which Ferretfingers then vacated, went into the kitchen and made himself a sandwich too.

Pinkitchen  Yay for independence skills!

Bentonbag  Not so much independence, more horror at the thought of what I might present him with ;)
Pinkitchen  Hey, whatever forces it!
Mrs Quilt  Way hay - have you frightened the man into action!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment