Friday 12 March 2021

The Purse


From Facebook Archives

12 March 2017 at 16:29 ·

Today's adventure?
As it was fine I decided to take both boys down to the Quayside market.   

Thunderthighs was navigator and we took the 32A from FourLaneEnds to Gosforth, walked around the corner to Gosforth High Street and got the 32 to Haymarket.   

Going past the Town Moor I realised my handbag felt a bit light.   

No purse!

Panic stations.  

Remember checking how little money I had in it before leaving the house.   

Can't remember actually putting it in the bag.  

But I must have done because it's automatic isn't it?   

Phone home from bus.   

Ask Fester to go down and look in the living room; on the ironing board, chaise longue, any surface.

He couldn't see it.
Maybe I dropped it on the 32A
At Haymarket I ask the bus driver who we should speak to about lost property.   

Find a nice man in hi-vis.  

Fortunately Thunderthighs knew exactly the bus number and when we caught it.  
The 32A was still trundling around the wilds of the West end so the driver couldn't be phoned but Hi-vis man said it was due in at 12.15 so he'd have a look and phone me.   

I wasn't worried about the £5 cash, more worried about debit card and driving licence.

Anyway the boys and I had a little wander around St Toms, the Quad where I pointed out Kingsmen plaques and interesting plants before going to St Thomas Street as the bus is coming in.  
Hi-vis has a look and lets the boys on to have a look too as he's twigged their autism (he said nothing but you can tell by people's demeanour).  

No joy.
Decided to take the Metro home so I can phone the bank and DVLA asap.
We walk back home along exactly the same route as we walked out, just to make sure I hadn't dropped it.
Get in.
Glance at the dining table and there in full view THE PURSE!
Which I must have put down when distracted by Ferretfingers fannying on with his water bottle, emptying his bag of leaflets and putting in a Q3 timetable.
Fester came downstairs.
I crooked a finger then pointed wordlessly at the unmoved purse.
"Oh well you didn't tell me to look there.  I was scratting around over there by the ironing board."

Ms PH The jury would be very much on your side, Ben.

Bentonbag The thing is, from now until Godknowswhen he's going to ask "Sure you've got your purse?" smugly every time I leave the house.
Sandy  In Fester’s defence it must have moved, things do when your looking for them. I own two of most of my tools cos they run away and hide till I've bought a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment