Monday 28 September 2020

Death of a Hudl

Facebook post

28 September 2016 at 15:42 ·

Destructoboy has managed to kill his Hudl.   

To be fair he's probably worn the screen out using it for several hours every day since Xmas 2014 (or was it 13?).  

Anyway it stopped responding, even when he punched or headbutted it.   

So he threw it to the floor and then had a massive meltdown/tantrum because, amazingly, the screen was shattered.
Tesco no longer make Hudls so we need to get him another tablet. 

Any recommendations?

Bentonbag That was the screaming last night Miss Doozer

Miss Doozer I did wonder. At first I couldn't work out if it was on the background track for Poldark but when it continued over Michael Portillo's Great Continental Railway Journeys I realised it was probably a meltdown...

DM Maplin do a nice selection of good cheap tablets. Cram shopping centre

CP The Hudls do that anyway- we've had three, all of them (two Hudl1, one Hudl2) have suddenly stopped responding and never returned to life. personally I like a Kindle Fire, but H has settled instead for one of the new Motorola phones that have a huge screen and are therefore some sort of hybrid.

Mrs Lasagne Benton there is some protective covering in the form of a case I think you can get, if you speak to my son-in-law he will help xxxx

Bentonbag Oh it had a protective cover which has done very well considering.

Mr Mull I've been very impressed with my Kindle Fire the basic model. I use it mainly for my Amazon related content.  If you don't have Amazon stuff then it might be less appealing.

Erica Don't know about tablets but Posy's iPad wouldn't have survived without her Griffin cover.  Hers is pink and purple but you can choose whatever colour you want.

Ms TyleBach Amazon? xxx

Kingsmen Cameraman Destructoboy?  Is that what you are calling Fester these days? ;)

Bentonbag No, he's still the bad tempered baldy headed broken nosed fat bastard.  Destructoboy or Ferretfingers is our older son.  Thunderthighs or The Incredible Sulk the younger.

Goddaughter I have a Samsung galaxy tablet thingy that works quite

Mrs Leftfoot Poor Ferretfingrs.  Hope he's feeling better now .... Hope you all are. Xx

Mrs Quilt I've moved onto an Ipad mini, too small for Ferretfingrs but the universality of it pushed me to buy it

Bentonbag He has an ipod which he's using in the meantime.

Kippa The Hudl was very good. What is the nearest one can get these days?

Bentonbag I don't know but if Fester finds out at Maplin on Saturday I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment