Thursday 3 September 2020

It Never Rains But It Pours

As I said on 1st September, some days there’s nothing in the archive, other days there was more going on than one woman can handle.  You may need coffee to get through/over this one from 2015 (I’ve left in the typos)

3 September 2015 at 13:40 ·

Fan freakin tastic!!!
I thought I had Thunderthighs next academic year all sorted out then
"Has he got an Education Health Plan?"
No he has a Statement, EHPs weren't in force when he was in Treegrass School.
So I ring Connextions who pass me on to the SEND Local Offer and the 'phone is answered (thank God) by someone who's known Thunderthighs since Playscheme days.
"Oh his Statement would have ceased when he left school, so it will have to be a request for an assessment for an EHP, and as he's over 16 it will have to be a request from him or the educational establishment"
WTF????
Why did nobody tell me his Statement has ceased and that it would need changing?
School, Connextions the College - I am not effin psychic!
So I could have had this sorted over a year ago if someone had actually told me!
Not 4 flaming working days before the course starts.

Kentishlady I feel for you. We have had the run around over Kentishlad's dyslexia - it's the way things are (not) done these days.....

Bentonbag Went downstairs. Got totally ignored by Ferretfingers when I asked him about his lunch, knocked my head putting the bin back after emptying and then had what my uni-flatmate-friend Paula would call a crysis.  The noise of which brought Thunderthighs downstairs to see what was going on.  I think he now has an idea how stressful and exhausting this and looking after and out for them all is for me, because I don't think he's ever seen his mother quite so out of control.  On the bright side he's now hoovered the stairs up to his loftroom which I've been nagging him about for weeks.

Bentonbag Any way after I'd calmed down and blown my nose the 'phone rang.   

The SEND lady had passed my number on to the appropriate person who was ringing before going into the next panel meeting. He now has the full details for the Autism support person at College.  Mind you if we do really need an EHP it can take up to 20 weeks!

Bentonbag Just in case anyone thinks I'm cracking up I've just had an interesting weekend with Ferretfingers' ear.  Saturday teatime he complained of earache, cried all night.  Sunday we went to pharmacy/Battle Hill walk in centre/pharmacy for antibiotics.  Ibruprofen and paracetamol and stronger stuff made no difference.  He cried all Sunday and Monday night.  On Tuesday we got a GP appointment and visit to Freeman ENT where his ear was cleaned out (tiny little hoovery thing),and a wick put in so that antibiotic drops reach behind the swelling and we were given stronger/better/different antibiotics. 

So now I'm juggling drops 4 times a day, pills 3 times a day and he can't really go to his day centres (they can't administer medifications) whilst still catching up on 3 lost nights' sleep, washing, ironing etc. 
Visitors bearing gin, chocolate, flowers and shoulders welcome if you can stand the mess.

Mrs Lasagne Oh Benton poor you and poor Ferretfingers and what a worry for Thunderthighs ,what a time you're having ,love and hugs xxx

Kentishlady Hope it all gets sorted out for you. Sounds like you've had more than enough to deal with.
Henlady get well soon Ferretfingers.
LHS Take care x
J-AS Huge hugs. Xxx
KA Benton, my heart sank when I read your post....brings back so many feelings of despair...i hope you get this sorted soon. Then are able to inform all of those who should have prevented this scenario....people are so pushed for time and overstretched...but should not have happened. X

3 September 2015 at 19:58 ·

Friends of Fat Steve (RIP)
Those of you who were close to Stephen* will know that he had stocked up for most of his future needs. Sadly he never needed the two dozen facecloths, half a dozen tubs of Johnsons baby powder, gloves, hats, coats etc. We brought it all up here and distributed as much as possible amongst friends and kept the rest for the boys and myself to use up.
His two tents, rucksack and most of the above will be sent to the Calais Refugees - I hope he'd approve.
I've burnt off quite a lot of emotional energy going through drawers and cupboards sorting out other things the boys and I have grown out of or will never actually get around to using or wearing. Quite catharctic

DW He would've approved I'm sure!

Mrs Elswitch Great idea. Xx
Mrs Belswitch Brilliant plan, good on you Benton! xxx
Mrs Poet It is cathartic, yes!
Shipskitchen We'll done love

*Fester’s baby brother who died suddenly and unexpected in our Annus Horribilis 2012

 

No comments:

Post a Comment