Wednesday 2 September 2020

Cold Caller Baiting #5

Phone rings, I pick up and ...

 Hello 

(long delay – and the whole of the following is punctuated with a satellite echo of my voice.)
“Hello” in an African accent “Am I talking to Mrs Bentonbag?”
Who are you?
“Hello Mrs Bentonbag I am Mark and I am calling from the Call Blocking Department.”
The Call Blocking Department of what organisation?
“The Call Blocking Department of Optom Telecom and we are based in Central London.”
Where in Central London?
“7 Old Gloucester Street.”
And what’s the weather like with you?
“Pardon?”
What is the weather like with you today at 7 Old Gloucester Street in Central London?

And with that, there he was, gone.

It may be cruel but if you call my telephone you enter my playpen.

No comments:

Post a Comment