Wednesday 30 September 2020

The Wasp

From Facebook 
I'm on the 'phone to Mrs Quilt and Thunderthighs comes avalanching downstairs and into the kitchen.
There is a kerfuffle, the sound of Fester mounting the stairs and Thunderthighs comes into the living room with a "Where's the tea towel?”  
I inform him there's a drawerful in the kitchen as he well knows.   
He exits and shortly thereafter heads upstairs.

Mrs Quilt wonders what the spillage might be.   

I comment that whatever it is there is also an airing cupboard full of towels on the first floor.
 
When I get off the 'phone, and it's all gone quiet, I wander into the kitchen and enquire of Fester what was going on that he wanted a teatowel.
"It was to catch a wasp.  Well it wasn't a wasp.  Thunderthighs said it was a wasp but it was a housefly."

 

 

As I was writing the above I heard himself stumble and curse the cat for getting under his feet in the bedroom.
Only it wasn't the cat.
It was one of my slippers:

which do not have the power of independent movement.


 

Is it any wonder I've gone grey?

No comments:

Post a Comment