Monday 7 September 2020

Sean Bean's Arse

Scanning my archives for this day produced three possibilities which I put to the vote on Facebook.

Most of the respondents were female and, not surprisingly, this won one, leaving me another two if I’m still doing this this time next year (sorry to depress you).  
I fear the girls are going to be sadly disappointed.

7 September 2015 at 15:31 ·

My favourite post of the day comes from a thread discussing the new tv adaptation of Lady Chatterley's Lover

"Plus the latest gamekeeper wasn't as sexy as Sean Bean in the role who had an arse worth remembering on a dull evening"

"an arse worth remembering on a dull evening" is a line that's going to stay with me for some time to come .

Mr Browntin  the programme itself was quite good I thought.  I enjoyed Life in Squares too...

Bentonbag Didn't watch it.  Put off DHLawrence after reading Sons&Lovers for A'level then Lady Chatterley’s voluntarily from Sister Mauraid's library whilst university Chaplaincy sitting.  Did you know he wrote three different endings?  Though for the life of me the whole damn thing left such a bad taste I can't remember which one he went with in the end.
Mr Browntin no idea... It made for an interesting watch after having seen Tony Robinson's Time Chasers on Channel 4 just beforehand.
I should hasten to add that these programmes were just 'on' I wasn't really watching them!
Bentonbag Your guilty secret is safe with me 😉
I can talk - I watched Police Interceptors Unleashed with Vinnie Jones and the three episodes of Last Of The Summer Wine about Compo's death and funeral - highbrow stuff or wot?
Drummerman Must be a girl thing...
Bazoukiboy I did watch Celebrity Squares but can't remember if Bob’s Bum was worth a mention...
Dulcima I didn't watch it because, like you Ben, I dislike DHL intensely.  I had to read one of his short stories - "The Fox", I think, and that left a bad taste too.  Can't remember what I watched instead, but have lots of goodies on the recorder to watch when there's nothing on the main telly.
Bentonbag Our tivo is currently 47% full - mainly Ferretfingers' gameshows - but I have two or three films to amuse me whilst ironing today.
Mrs Leftfoot Whilst doing WHAT???!!!!
Bentonbag Everyone's got to have a hobby ..

No comments:

Post a Comment