Sunday 27 September 2020

Birthday Card Question

Facebook post

So there I am freshly showered, towel wrapped around me, standing in the bath squeejeeing water off the shower screen and window, listening to Nicky Campbell and some bint bickering on Radio5Live, when I hear shouting from downstairs.
"Mu-um"
"What?"
More indistinct shouting after "Mu-um"
"For God's sake! I'm in the bathroom with the radio on!"
Footsteps up the stairs, polite tap on bathroom door which is immediately opened and Thunderthighs appears.
"Mu-um, why do you have more birthday cards than Dad, Ferrefingers and me put together?"
"Because I have friends, and ladies tend to send each other cards.  Who do you send birthday cards to?"
Mumbled "Family"
"There you go then."

I didn't mention the fact that he only 'sends' cards to family after production of same and prompting by his mother.

In fairness I must say that he now buys his own birthday cards for most family birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment