Saturday 4 April 2020

Thank You Stand


As soon as Ferretfingers got up the two steps to the downstairs loo I rang the Local Authority Lending Service  to say we no longer needed the stand or commode.

Ferretfingers wanted to post cards to his aunties so our out of house exercise today was a slow walk to the post box across the road, then the long way back around the block to avoid other people.  He needs to walk for his ankle's sake and I need to get out of the house. 
We both wore scarves over our faces and gloves, and washed our hands when we got in.

The Local Authority Lending Service rang and the stand and commode go tomorrow: 
"Will there be somebody in around 11?"

I've spent the afternoon sorting out the Pottisserie.   
We now have Gardeners Delight tomato seeds in a tray on the front bay windowsill and cress in a darkened tray on the bedroom windowsill (I must remember to add the mustard seeds on Sunday).  Also put the first lettuce seeds next to the parsnips Thunderthighs and I planted the other day.
 I had a fun time dismantling the bottom of the old rocking chair to create supports for the next raised bed (reuse, recycle, repair)
The ffa* I planted on February 3 is coming up.

Mrs Quilt Gets better every post, keep it up Ferretfingers, particularly impressed with the card posting.
Mrs Leftfooter Good news. GO Ferretfingers. X
Tyle Bach when will the ffa be ready? xxx
Bentonbag They're only just poking their noses out - I'd say end of June at the earliest. I've gone daft buying seeds this year. We may have to dig up the lawn if they all come.
Tyle Bach go for it ...I’ll be up xx
Cousin Daisy Your Uncle Walter would be very impressed FifiD sent me a photo yesterday I hadn’t seen it. Must get it to you he was gazing at his seeds just put in I think. Glad you are out and about. XxxxšŸ¤—
Bentonbag The bedroom stinks of cress - I'm going to have to move it or I won't sleep.

So grateful for the loan of the commode and stand from the local authority, but now it's time to return them.  A five minute warning call meant they weren't waiting unattended on the front path for too long.





































*broad beans

No comments:

Post a Comment