Friday 17 April 2020

Off On A Tangent



What I like about social media, Facebook in particular, is how, much like in real life (or at least in my family), conversations can go off on a tangent, but one can trace the thread back to the original thought.  This conversation started off about my previous blog about crocheting a pair of replacement ear pads for my cordless headphones.*

Happy EasterI've blogged What's this ear
Ferretfingers can't stand music. Or at least can’t stand any music he hasn’t…

Miss Doozer More creative resourcefulness! I am impressed. 
I also need to learn to crochet. I can get a chain going but can't turn a corner. Like a dysfunctional conga.
Bentonbag Or some morris teams I've seen ...

Miss Doozer I keep meaning to tell you about the local morris-ish tradition back in our valley - Britania Coconutters (the blackface and bobbin ends are mining related - bobbin ends for hand-knee protection when working coal seams). Here is a video.

Bentonbag Oh we've heard about them ...
Miss Doozer I think it goes a long way to explaining the many years therapy I've received for anxiety disorders. When you grow up thinking that's normal you're bound to have some issues in adulthood...
Bentonbag Fester "I've been drinking with them. They're hilarious. Good dancers."
Mrs Leftfooter They did a live broadcast on fb yesterday...visited all the pubs and had the music blaring out. Plus videos of years gone by...
Miss Doozer Thing is, when you're three, it's giants with boot polish on their faces listening for something nobody else can hear, then the band starts and it's loud, and they all start hitting themselves and one another, and it goes on FOR EVER. The same thing, over and over, then they stop, and go along the street a bit, and do it all again! 
And you still don't know what they're listening for! 
And in the early 80s nobody explains anything, it just *is*. 
Coupled with stories of the mummers coming into your house and pretending to clean, and humming but never talking, and you having to give them money or you would be cursed... 
It's a miracle I'm as normal as I am.
Bentonbag ... and then, to top it all, you move in next to us and feel comparably even more normal.
Miss Doozer I like that our households are at the 'more interesting' end of the curve. Can you imagine having to live next to someone boring.... 
๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ•ด️๐Ÿคบ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿž๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿœ๐Ÿ”ฌ๐ŸšŠ๐ŸŽง๐Ÿงต๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ”‡๐Ÿฒ

*Again I am indebted to Miss Doozer for the more entertaining part of this blogpost.

No comments:

Post a Comment