Thursday 23 April 2020

The Concertina


Thinking I might add something different to tonight's Clap I dug out my concertina (not been out for ages)
"Put That Back" commanded Ferretfingers
So I took it out into the garden.
Felix scarpered.
Teddy came through the fence from next door, back up, xmas tree tail, and shot out through the garden gate.
I went up the garden and had a little twiddle sitting under the bower.
Felix come up, goes behind the garage and starts mewling and spraying the compost heap, and then settles down.
Teddy, consumed by curiosity - "what the hell is she doing now, and where is that infernal noise coming from" - slinks back up the garden and settles down near frogpond 2.
Sadly, as I can only play Jimmy Allan, Davy Davy Nick Nack and Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau all slowly and extremely badly, I'm afraid it's just going to be the saucepan and whistle tonight.

The Squireen Jeffrey doesn’t like the concertina or the tenor recorder , he is ok with the descant recorder.
Drummerman “Little Twiddle under the bower” sounds like George Formby or Dylan Thomas...
Sandy Borrowing your concertina along with a generous loan from Fat Steve of his three row G/D was what got me started Ta
Bentonbag Don't blame me!
Paganess Need to spend more time in the bower practicing! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
Miss Doozer I need more of Bentonbag's accordion in my life. The boys are just going to have to put up.
Bentonbag It's a concertina. An accordion is a whole quantum leap of decibels.
Miss Doozer I stand corrected
Tyle Bach Record yourself I want to see you play xxx
Bentonbag Seeing it is definitely preferable to hearing it
Mrs Quilt I didn't know you played concertina. Steal time for yourself and play it. Call it musical research, Practice sounds dispensable.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
Bentonbag  I have a concertina (inherited from my Granma). 'Play' is a generous term - I pick out a few tunes badly - practice seems to make things worse and, to be honest, I'd always rather knit or crochet because then I've something to show for my time and effort

No comments:

Post a Comment