Monday 20 April 2020

Rhubarb Recipe






The last time I made a trifle (Xmas?) I bought 2 Jamaican Ginger Cakes because they were on bogoff but only used one. The other has sat in the cake bin ever since.
We have a good crop of rhubarb coming up so today Fester cut some of it, chopped it small and put it in the bottom of a large pyrex dish, couple of table spoons of white sugar and a table spoon of brown muscovado. 
Then he sliced the ginger cake in three horizontally and put the slices on top, making sure the sticky outside was on top. 
In the oven at 150, so the rhubarb cooked in its own juice, the top went crispy and nothing burned. 
Served with thick but runny custard. 
That was our tea.

McChurch I would say that was absolutely lovely but I've crossed my fingers behind my back.  I can't stand ginger in any guise and I need a pound of sugar to the ounce to eat Roobub.  Holey Moley but the custard sounds nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment