Thursday 26 October 2023

Gift Card Spending


From Facebook Archives

26 October 2022 at 11.44
Ferretfingers had an appointment with the dental technician at 9.10 this morning.   
She's moved from Byker to Kenton so we had to be out by 8.30 to get there on time.   
He was very good allowing her to chip off plaque and polish his teeth.  
His next appointment is for a check up in January.  As we booked the appointment she said "Have a good Christmas": which I repeated to the receptionist when she'd done the paperwork (on the computer).

I think that's the earliest Xmas greeting I've had or given: it must be a record to say it before Halloween.

Then I took him to the day centre; we got there just before the minibus arrived so he wasn't too early.

As I had an Asda gift card I popped in on the way home to buy some screw light bulbs for the kitchen (one has gone so the others will probably follow soon).

Of course I had to have a look around and found a Frozen plate, lunch bag and bottle so had to buy them for my great-niece for Xmas.
And a couple of other things for myself as well.
So spending the £5 gift card cost me £25.

Miss Doozer  Yeesh you're worse than me; once spent over £150 in Eldon Square because I'd got a Marks and Spencer voucher for £50.

On one pair of boots
To be fair I'm wearing them now and they're one of the best pairs of boots I've ever bought.
I think I got a couple of sport bras and a pizza with the M&S voucher.
But I think it was meant for both if us.
I mean, we shared the pizza, so that counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment