Wednesday 11 October 2023

Be Prepared!


From Facebook Archives

11 October 2020
Instead of Druridge this Sunday I took the boys up to Cambois (which Ferretfingers insists is pronounced Cam-boys) to collect driftwood, or rather wood that's washed down the Wansbeck and got thrown back up the beach.   
Instead of a picnic the boys had a takeaway from Charltons’.   
While they were eating I had a look in my back-pack which, as well as my purse, contained: 
an almost empty tube of hand-cream, 
a small first aid kit (mostly plasters), 
some paper napkins, 
a plastic carrier bag, 
a foldable saw (folded) 
and a clean pair of white cotton knickers.
Mrs Lasagne  Glad you took clean knickers Ben, my mother always said always have clean knickers ! Lol
Shipskitchen  Where was the tin of soup you always carried?
Bess Cavalier I can think of so many practical uses for a clean pair of white cotton knickers.
Mrs Elswitch  Emergency face covering being one of them
Sandy  Canny big knickers them like!
Drummerman  Obviously the clean knickers, you might’ve got run over...
Mrs Quilt  I'm waiting for the punchline - seems a perfectly acceptable collection to me!!! BTW Ferretfingers is using the common vernacular to pronounce Cam-boys. 
Only southerners like you and me use the French pronunciation up here! I gave that up years ago!
Woolerwoman  You are so right to take appropriate precautions - it's a jungle up there in Camboys.

👜👜👜

My Wallsend-born first husband Phil always called it Cammus.

The saw has gone but said backpack now contains the above plus a bottle of handsanitiser, a home-made white cotton face mask, a pair of odd socks (or an odd pair of socks), and a cagoule.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment