Tuesday 10 October 2023

Mother Gets Her Way

This post includes "language."

From Facebook Archives

10 October 2021 at 16:09
A couple of weeks ago, due to building work, Bazoukiboy brought round Fester's bike which hasn't seen the light of day since August 1993, to my certain knowledge. Apparently it's "a really good bike" and "worth a lot of money" but "needs a bit of sorting out."
 
Against my firmly expressed wishes, said bike was shoved into the front of the garage where it has got in the way and/or had to be moved every time I've gone in for something. Nothing has been done about either sorting it out or getting it a new home where it would be valued and cherished.

The plan for today was for Ferretfingers and me to dig out the ex-ffa bed and clear out any volunteer potatoes for tea and so they don't come up next year (fat chance). 

In order to get at the wheel barrow that f*cking bike had to be shifted again.

It appeared Fester's plan was to spend the rest of the day poring over maps on the kitchen table and doing nothing about shifting his f*cking bike out of my way - again.

So I threw a tantrum and demanded he sort it out immediately if not sooner 

"Because if I have to shift it again it's going out on recycling day for whoever wants to pick it up."
"Don't be stupid."
"I'm not being stupid. Don't test me."

The upshot is a load of crap has been cleared out of the back of the garage by him and Thunderthighs. They've even brushed what bits of floor became visible. We have filled our rubbish and recycling bins and Miss Doozer and Ernexdoor have kindly allowed us to put a load of stuff in theirs too.

The bike is back in the garage, but right at the back out of the way, and there is space for the mowers, plastic chairs, saw horse and me to move around and reach many of the shelves.

I just wish I didn't have to throw a wobbler to make it happen. 

🚲🚲🚲

The bike is still there.

ffa is Cymraeg for broad-beans

No comments:

Post a Comment