Wednesday 27 July 2016

Weakest Link Feedback

First posted 9 January 2010


I’ve been the recipient of loads of ‘phone calls, emails, texts and other messages since appearing on the Weakest Link: they have been almost entirely positive …

Fester went to the Kingsman Epiphany Curry on Wednesday evening, after watching the show with me.  He returned after closing time with their verdicts …
1.                  She was robbed
2.                  She didn’t like that hypnotherapist bloke
3.                  Potato?  Next time you see her say “Plant dear”

Which seemed fairly fair.
 
The piece-de-resistance came yesterday afternoon when The Joculator rang with his four penn’orth.
I first met The Joculator a number of years ago on Elvett Bridge when Tyne Bridge danced at Durham Folk Party.  Even though his team wasn’t there he was in kit and asked my permission, as bagman, to take our collecting bucket around the crowd.  When he came back, having got £15, not knowing my name he called out “Where’s Mrs Bucket?” – which is what he has called me ever since.

The Joculator had watched The Weakest Link with his wife, family and in-laws; none of them knew the result.
“We were cheering for you all the way” he said “the neighbours must have thought we were watching a football match the roar that went up when you were voted off.
“The mother-in-law found you right away in the line up” he went on “she says ‘Is that her?   
The one that’s looks like Patricia Routledge?  Is that why you call her Mrs Bucket?'” 

The thing is, whenever I watch Hetty WainthropInvestigates I am reminded of my mother, who looks at me out of the mirror more and more these days.  So, whilst I howled with laughter, I wasn’t at all insulted or upset (which the Joculater knew anyway).



Image result for hyacinth bucket 
Besides which, there are far worse people to resemble than Patricia Routledge, or even Hyacinth Bucket. 







I have no idea why the font is all over the shop in this blog - I have tried my best but the blasted technology has defeated me!



No comments:

Post a Comment