Saturday 23 March 2024

Dust To Dust

As a well brought up Catholic I remember the Ash Wednesday service when the priest puts a cross on the faithful’s foreheads with ash intoning “Remember man that thou art dust and to dust thou shalt return.”

From Facebook Archives, a day early.
24 March 2023 at 08.16
Yesterday I got the hoover out and persuaded Fester to carry it up to the landing whence I did the landing, bedrooms, as much of the loft stairs and landing as I could manage and then went into the penthouse.   
Thunderthighs tried to be affronted   
"But I've hoovered my room".   
Not behind or under anything.   
If man returns to dust there was at least half a one between his bed and the radiator and inside the wicker storage baskets there.   
When I informed him his auntie regularly damp dusts her back bedroom he looked confused and slightly horrified (maybe he thought it was a euphemism) until I explained the process. 
I doubt he'll take the hint.

Flea treated the cats last night.  Teddy hid under the armchair in a huff.  Felix is talking to me again this morning.  

Sometime soon it's the worming tablet....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment