Saturday 16 March 2024

Family Medicine

This time last year according to Facebook Archives...

 
16 March 2023 at 08.31
 
When I looked yesterday there was frogspawn in the pond.

There is an event on at Killingworth pool today so Ferretfingers has agreed that Emile can take him to Hadrian pool somewhere in the wilds of Wallsend. Provided that tomorrow they go to CEx in North Shields.  I'm hoping (vainly) that he takes away more DVDs than he brings back.

He hoards quite tidily but he's gradually filling up the back room with the damn things.

Today's fun is to take needlephobic Thunderthighs to DrZ to have blood taken.   

I've tried to persuade him that she'll look at his earwax at the same time.
Let's hope the lab don't lose his like they did Ferretfingers'.   
I got a very apologetic phonecall yesterday morning and took him in to see another nurse yesterday afternoon; who wasn't as gentle because I saw him wince.

On Monday I have to take both cats to the vets as they need to be weighed before they can be given flea/tick/worm treatment: because it's been a long time since we last bought any.  So I shall be cat juggling two trips as we only have one, very heavy, cat box.

And what will Fester be doing we ask...

UPDATE (a few hours later)

I applied Emla cream at 10am and we went up for 10.30. 

DrZ was prompt and brilliant with Thunderthighs.   
He coped by putting his hoodie hood over his face and twiddling his fingers.  
All went well.
Then, as a treat and reward, she had a look at his earwax and I am to phone for a syringing appointment.

When I was on the loo half an hour ago the mobile rang.   

Sam at the surgery to say Ferretfingers' blood results are back.  
"Already! Did the lab not lose them after all?"   
Apparently they turned these ones around really quickly.
DrZ will phone me to discuss them tomorrow afternoon around 3.

Oh - and the post brought a mammogram appointment (which I had to change), an invitation to apply for a Carer Review appointment at the Surgery, and my council tax bill.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment