Friday 1 March 2024

What's On The Telly

(Dydd Gwyl Dewi Da i fy darllenwyr Cymraeg)

From Facebook Archives, one evening in the office ...
1 March 2023 at 19.05
I've just heard myself say"That's enough of this I've got to go down and knit some chickens."
Fester made a questioning noise.
"Well if she's going to do an Easter thing then she's going to need some knitted chickens."
Made perfect sense to us...
Then he said "Are you going to watch Sheffield United playing Tottenham on the telly?"
I replied "No, there's no room to play football on modern tellies, the tops are too narrow to fit anything on."
He started to demur but I interrupted "In our family it was traditional when Mum asked 'What's on the telly?' for Dad to reply 'A Viking longboat, a clock and some dust.' Modern tellies only have room for a very little dust."
(The longboat was a china ornament by the way.)
McChurch  This makes more sense than knitted chickens.
Miss Doozer
  With the way the supermarkets are going we'll all be knitting our own chickens soon. Oh by the way check your sizes cos my stepmum had to go down a needle size due to the creme eggs having been shrinkflated.
Bentonbag  Carrie and I are planning to put a stitch or two in their bottoms as required.   Mind you, if anyone has a pattern for a full grown knitted chicken I'm up for the challenge.
Jay  Our cat used to sit on top of ours, where it was warm.  We used to say ‘nothing good on the telly’ or “ don’t like what’s on the telly."

No comments:

Post a Comment