Monday 20 June 2016

Pillow Talk



First posted April 2009
Warning – this post contains a crude word and I’m not using an asterix

Fester is a Sheffield United supporter and currently getting quietly exercised about the possibility of their going back up into the Premiership (after the injustice of them being illegally dropped out of it a couple of years ago).  Apart from the fact that Sean Bean supports them and Neil Warnock used to be manager I know little and care less about them. 

However in bed the other night and in a spirit of partnership and showing interest I asked 
“How many teams are in front of Sheffield United to get into the Premiership then?”

Watching the bedroom telly he said “Two.  There’s Arsenal, Birmingham and Wolverhampton.”

Confused I replied “But that’s three.”

Him “What?”

Me “That’s three not two:  Arsenal, Birmingham and Wolverhampton makes three.”

Him “Who mentioned Arsenal?”

Me “You did.  You said ‘There’s Arsenal, Birmingham and Wolverhampton’.”

Him “No I didn’t.  I said ‘those arseholes Birmingham, and Wolverhampton’.  Mind you, you weren’t far wrong, Arsenal are arseholes.”

I blame the South Yorkshire accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment