Thursday 23 June 2016

What’s that smell?



 First posted May 2009

Fester likes fish and one of his less savoury habits is having kippers for breakfast.
This morning Number Two Son came to me and asked “What’s that smell?”
“Daddy’s having kippers for breakfast” I replied.

Downstairs I went into the kitchen and sang “Oo ee baby what’s that smell like fish?”

Fester looked up from his breakfast of mushroom omelette and replied “Pardon?”

So I sang the second line of the song “Ah said oo ee baby what’s that smell like fish?”

“It’s a burnt wooden spoon.”

It was my turn to be nonplussed

“What!?”

“It was an accident, all right” defensively as he knows my feelings about leaving wooden spoons over hot hobs.

Fortunately for him I was on my way out with Number Two Son to pick up two of his friends for what the Americans call a “play date”, so there was no further inquisition.

No comments:

Post a Comment