Tuesday 23 April 2024

So Many Things

Happy St George's Day

From Facebook Archives

23 April 2023 at 09.39
The ironing basket is completely empty!
The sun is out so today I may start sorting out the garage (or at least bits of it)
At 15.18
It took a while but, with Thunderthighs' help, I have sorted out the plant pots into square, round, stacked by size, ones I want to keep and those I want to give away.
At 15.44
Yesterday morning Fester complained that the bedroom telly wasn't working, there was just a blue screen.
"It's the ariel" says he twisting it with no joy.
Then 
"It must be the weather...there's been some funny weather recently."
I forbore to point out that if it was either of the above there would be some sort of picture, however fuzzy and intermittent, not a blue screen with a "No signal" message moving around on it.
So when he'd got up I went and checked the ariel and its connections; all properly shoved in.
There is an on/off rocker power switch under the telly and a standby knob at the bottom of a row of little knobs on the side of the telly.
I turned it off and on again, pressed the standby knob and tried the one immediately above it.
A menu came up listing "Freeview, analogue" and other sources.
The tv had been turned to analogue, which was turned off years ago.
So I pressed the little knob until the tick was by Freeview and - surprise surprise - the telly is working perfectly.
He blames a cat.
I blame an impatient fat-fingered bastard hitting the wrong knob several times.
Ms Exlibris  So many things I want to say to this....
Bentonbag  I know.  Sometimes it's like being an old fashioned typewriter when you hit too many keys too quickly and they all jam up against each other.  I appreciate this simile will mean very little to anyone under the age of forty.

No comments:

Post a Comment