Thursday 11 April 2024

A Knitted Corgi On A Tidy Windowsill

To celebrate Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee, 
the WI suggested knitting corgis
(as well as other activities).
I put mine under LDNorthEast's Jubilee tree and he has since gone walkabout.
From Facebook Archives
11 April2022 at 18.50
Here it is.  My first attempt at knitting a WI 'Winnie' corgi.   
The pattern in the WI magazine is not very good and has at least 4 mistakes (was it copy checked? did someone who could knit try it out?).  When it came to the front of the body I tried it her way, pulled it out and did it my way, which worked and didn't involve knitting and sewing on a chestwig for a dog.  And yes I know it's got its leg cocked, I couldn't get it to stand any other way.
Mrs Left Foot, I'm not sure I'd force or even encourage anyone to knit this pattern.   
The herring were a doddle by comparison.
Mrs Leftfoot  Only 69 left to target.
Bentonbag  I have neither the time nor the patience.  The yarn yes!  Enough for a corgi for every septuagenerian in Jesmond.   
Actually I think I have sufficient yarn in various colours to knit at least one life sized corgi.  Not that I'm going to.  Just that I could.
Mrs Leftfoot  That's a rather tidy windowsill.
Bentonbag  There was a considerable amount of cropping of the photo, and it's a very small dog.
Miss Doozer  That is cute as buttons, but I don't think I have your patience... That would have gone across the room several times if it was me
Bentonbag  I'd lend you the pattern but I like you too much.
Also corgis no longer have cropped tails and their ears stand up straight.
Mrs Burser  love it. xx
Bentonbag  When's your birthday?
Mrs Burser  August*
Mrs Quilt  Mhoire from Bygate WI was wondering how big WI Winnie Corgi is?   
We still don't intend to knit her so thanks from us to confirm our misgivings!
Bentonbag  About 6" long and 5" tall, but of course it would vary with thickness of yarn, size of needle and enthusiasm of stuffing.
*Yes, she got a knitted corgi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment