Tuesday 23 July 2024

The Eye Of A Storm (or vice-versa)

Some regular readers may be concerned that there’s been a hiatus in posts.
Things have got a bit hectic at Chateau Midden as I shall be on a stall at a craft fair this Thursday, helping at a Family Fun Day on Friday and, of course, am involved in getting things ready for both (tombola tickets are my speciality).
But the main cause for the break can be found on Facebook, where as usual friends rallied round …
14 July at 2024 at 13.38
Just back from dropping Fester off at A&E.
He came back from going out with Ferretfingers and said 
"I'm having problems with my left eye, it had floaters then zig zag lines, then it was like a black net curtain, now it's all black."
He intended visiting the opticians tomorrow.
It sounded like when, my oldest best friend, Henffrind had a detached retina (when her mum died) so I phoned her and described it.
She said "Go to A&E now. I went to the opticians and they sent me straight to A&E. When did it start?"
"Friday" he said.
Horror expressed by her and me.
"Tell him to go to A&E NOW.  It's his eyesight for goodness sake."
Of course Thunderthighs is out so we had to take Ferretfingers and drop himself off at the door.
I'll have to handle Thunderthighs' hysteria when he gets home; probably wet because he won't have taken a waterproof and it's raining.
I'd just started the washer when I phoned Henffrind, so that's about ready to hang up.
I've got Ferretfingers washing the dishes which will keep him occupied for a bit.
I'm now going to pack an overnight bag just in case...
Because I've got a feeling that at his age, and state of health, they might want to keep him in if they want/can treat him immediately.
Never boring - I'll give it that.
Mrs Bun  Well I hope all turns out OK for you xxx
Mrs Lasagne  Oh it exactly what happened to Dr Lasagne and we ended up with surgery then had to be horizontal for six weeks until the gas bubble in his eye went which was put in when he had the surgery done. Yes detached retina xxxxxx I hope it gets sorted xxxxx
Mrs Quilt  Prayers, positive wishes, and hopefully a good outcome. XXXXX
Float  Hope they get it sorted out for him.  Pass on our best wishes please.
Drummerman  All black sounds like the retina, not just the posterior vitreous humour, which I’ve had twice.  Still sortable, but much more of an embuggeration.  Best wishes for a speedy resolution.
Fay  I hope all goes well Ben xxx
Woolerwoman  Hope all can be sorted. Prayers and good wishes to you all.xx
Mr Mull  Hope all is OK. Thoughts and prayers with you all. x
Ernextdoor  Hope he's OK Ben, and shout if you need anything xx
Cousin Daisy  So sorry to hear that Ben.  You will both be so worried. Hope all goes well.  Always something to worry you. Love and prayers xxxx
Burney  Bliddy hell, I hope everything goes ok.
Gin Tube  Hope it can be sorted out soon. Please pass on our best wishes.
Bentonbag  Latest update. He's home.  There's been a bleed.  They've ultrasounded it.   
It has to 'settle down' before they can do anything.  They'll send him an appointment to be seen again soon.  Thunderthighs and I made pork and smash/bread for their tea.  Himself is now rattling about in the kitchen doing things with lamb cutlets and new potatoes.
And breathe ...
TwinnyP  Wow, bit of a scare, pleased himself is back at home and can get right treatment to restore eyesight.
Henlady  Sending all good wishes for a speedy recovery.  My hubby had laser treatment for his bleed as an outpatient successfully. Xxxxx
Sheffield Cousin  I know the feeling with my right eye.  21 injections so far.  Going for assessment on Friday.  Hope he’s okay.
Mrs Lasagne  I hope it gets sorted soon xxxx
Dulcima  Hoping all is back to "normal" soon.
Darklady  Description seems Spot On for detached Retina!  Hope he can get it sorted quickly!
Ms Marx Hope they get it sorted very quickly. Fingers crossed, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment