Thursday 4 July 2024

The Putting Away Fairy

From Facebook Archives
4 July 2019 at 11:16
We've just done the Sainsbury shop and there was a machine-full of washing to hang out so I asked Thunderthighs to put the shopping away.
"I don't know how."
“Well, you know where you go to find things when you want them?”
"Yes."
“Well that's where they go: that's where the Putting Away Fairy puts them so you can find them.”
The shopping is put away, mostly in the right place.
I shall teach him the store-keepers’ code of bringing the old to the front and putting the new at the back another day when I have the strength.
🛍🛍🛍
When she was a WAAF Mother worked in stores in the RAF; which may be why I get truly irritated when Fester just dumps new stuff on top, or in front, of old with no reference to best-before or use-by dates.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment