Saturday 10 August 2024

A Longer Day

From Facebook Archives
10 August 2020
Some days are longer than others.
I've just had to explain to Fester that there is a microphone as well as a video camera in the webcam set up, and point it out to him.    
I'm not sure how he thought the other people in Haymarket Zoom meetings could hear him without one.  
Maybe I'm being unfair.   
It's not like Entomology is a science.
Gin Tube  Ben, he's on a higher plane than most of us.   
I would have thought you'd noticed by now... ?
Mrs Quilt  I know exactly!
Mrs GG  I've believed for years that very intelligent people (on the whole) have less common sense than us mere normal brained people.  I think their brains are full of 'clever' so there's not much room for 'common sense' x
Kentishlady  Couldn't agree more!  I used to share a house with very intelligent PhD students. I spent so much time explaining the simple things to them.
Paganess  It's a man thing!
Bess Cavalier  I used to manage the admin office for the Chemical Engineering Department at what was then Teesside Polytechnic.  I very soon came to the conclusion that common sense was often in inverse proportion to intellectual ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment