Saturday 31 August 2024

It Never Rains But It Pours

As mother used to say.

From Facebook Archives

31 August 2022 at 12.17

Blogging late again.

Firstly Fester is poorly (haven't done a test yet) and is not one to suffer in silence so, as well as the usual wood sawing snoring, I've had him mumbling curses since about 4am.   

Also someone texted me at some God-awful hour.   
And the cat was trying to sit on my head. I'm feeling less than chirpy.

Ferretfingers's appointment with the dental nurse was at 9.10 so we had to be out of the house by 5 to, which meant me getting up at 7.30 (it was quite a relief really) to have time to shower and wash my hair, and get a cup of tea and water bottle for Fester, before leaving the house.

Ferretfingers was brilliant getting his teeth scraped.   

It was drizzling as we came out of the surgery. 
By the time we got to the Corner House it was raining.  
He didn't have his waterproof so we detoured home to fetch it, and my raincoat.   
It was pelting down when we got to the farm.   
Of course we then had to go out and find where the lads were working; nice and dry in the poultry shed. I got soaked getting there, and going up to look at Ben-lamb.

Then I had a couple of things to drop off in Forest Hall and, despite having my brolly, I got so wet I had to change when I got in.

It's not raining now.

Mrs Leftfoot  Oh no, was that me? I'm sorry if I woke you up...

Bentonbag  No, it was Mr Mountain, but I think it might have been O2 buggering about.
Mrs Leftfoot  whew. Hope Dr Fester feels better soon. You are still a star. Xx

31 August 2022 at 20.36

Fester's Lateral Flow Test is negative

31 August 2022 at 21.16

Sitting here with Teddy at my left elbow, Felix on my right and feeling increasingly nervous.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment