Thursday 8 August 2024

The Mantle Shelf

It’s been a busy week with not much coming up in Facebook Archives.

5 August 2020
The anniversary bouquet Ferretfingers gave us needed sorting out (the lilies had dropped all their petals) and I remembered the elephant toby jug I'd had on top of the dresser for years.
(It cost me £2.50 in Pinocchio's sale in Monument Mall.)
I realised the little mantle shelf is the perfect home for all those smaller elephants that have been almost invisible on top of the dresser for such a long time

By the way, I have enough elephants. 

It's a thing between me and Henffrind since we left school. 
Similarly penguins is a thing between me and Squireen since the Falklands Crisis.   
And lambs/sheep from my siblings (due to mother calling me her Little Pet Lamb for far too long).
Unless in medium of chocolate, which I can eat, or soap, which I can put in my drawers or shower with.

I only pointing this out because Fester's eyes lit up when he saw them and he said 
"Oh, I'm sure Ferretfingers and I can find some in charity shops" 
and I had to be quite firm.   
We've had to have Delft racks put up since he learnt I like blue & white china.
Mrs Leftfoot you would be proud!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment