Friday 20 March 2020

Clapham Junction?


From my journal
 
Tuesday 3rd March

It was like Clapham Junction here this morning.
We woke up later than normal and I was still in my dressing gown when Ferretfingers’ washers arrived just after nine.
Shortly after they left the district nurse landed to give him is heparin jab.
Then it was the Next delivery man with a dress for Ernextdoor.
An M&S delivery man with a huge box of Swiss truffle chocolates for me, a cheer up gift from Mrs Bursar.
Then the Next man came back with another package for Ernextdoor; “I just found it in the back of the van.
I had hoped to get dressed, possibly even showered but no.
I thought everything had settled down then …
Another hard rapping on the front door and there was a man with a Virgin Box and my first thought was “Good God what’s Ferretfingers ordered now?!”
But no
“Can you take this in for next door?”

Middlesister rang and I told her:-
I’m not even dressed yet.  I’m still in my dressing gown.
“That’s ok, you’re allowed in the circumstances.”
Well yes, but I haven’t even got my knickers on yet.
“Good grief girl!  It’s the middle of winter!”

Oh Lord I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment