Saturday 28 March 2020

Mothering Sunday

And here we are just about a week behind ourselves on Facebook ...


My Mothering Sunday treat was a trip to Druridge Bay with Thunderthighs.   
It's 7 miles long and so wide it's very easy to keep more than 2 metres away from other people.   
Also it was very windy: wonderful waves and foam skimming over the wet sand.   
We took a flask of hot chocolate and a picnic, which we ate up on a dune.   
A lot of people had the same idea, lots of dog walkers and four people on horseback.
I know it may seem risky but I have been longing to get out into the wild for over a month; 
and it did my spirits the world of good.
Strawangel It’s only risky when it’s crowded. Folk like us don’t take the risk. Glad you’ve had a lovely day xx
Mr Melodeon Very nice. I went for a walk around our urban area. It was almost impossible to be 2mtrs from people, particularly if they are leaning on their garden walls or even working in them. Youths congregating on corners and dog walkers with extension leads blocking the way past. 
All understandable activities but not conducive to avoidance. 2mtrs is 2mtrs regardless of the situation. Worrying!
Miss GH I love Druridge Bay. I've been walking in my local woods. X
Mrs Quilt Got a streaming cold so was self isolating anyway. Son has just delivered our Mother’s Day meal of his delicious smelling curry plus Indian snacks.  We’d put a tray on the dining table. He put our meal on it, we had an at a distance couple of minutes chat and now we’re at the kitchen table about to eat. You won’t have heard me say this often but he’s a star
Mrs PH Hello Mrs Quilt. Sorry to hear about your cold but pleased it's nothing worse.  
It can't do any harm to get out in the fresh air somewhere really quiet like Druridge Bay. Probably a life saver for many and glad you enjoyed it. It's been a fabulous day - actually did some work in the garden 1st time this year.xx

 ***

This was the day before "lockdown".
In my defence since Ferretfingers broke his ankle on 7th February:-
I spent the best part of a fortnight in hospital with him 
Sleeping on the floor or a foldy bed.
Had the trauma of watching him being anaesthetised
And other unpleasant things.
Only seeing the sky on my brief trips home for clean clothes and chores.
I spent the next fortnight sleeping on the floor at home.
Until I got ill and was sent to bed.
Most of the month he'd been at home I'd been confined to the house, 
with the odd trip to the end of the garden, if it was sunny enough.
And we won't discuss dealing with the commode ...

Wellies on I finally walked down into the sea 
and the stress of the six weeks began to wash away with the waves 
I almost wept.
I tried to tell my son how hard it had all been for me and why.
He's a good listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment