Tuesday 31 March 2020

Even More Progress


from facebook
Ferretfingers has had his first bath since Thursday 6th February.
With both parents hovering as he got in and, more worryingly, out again.
All went well.
I am weak with relief and actually have butterflies as another source of anxiety is released.
Why is it I can deal with things when they're happening but fall apart when it's all over?
So tomorrow will be the last time Wayne and Shannon the washers visit. They have been lovely and I shall miss two people coming into our home. But I suppose it reduces our, and their, risk of infection.
Dear Lord what an awful way to have to think.

Kentish Lady I fall apart after the crisis is over too.
Paganess And me! We power on through suppressing emotions because we have to.  When we don't need to anymore the dam breaks.  This is what makes us such able, capable people, if you don't let the emotions out and rest when you can you don't cope with the world
Cousin Daisy Same here.  I need the chocolate after that to recover xxx
Mrs PH I suppose it's how we are wired - to cope in a crisis and when all that adrenaline and cortisol stops racing around we come down with a bump.
Hope the weather keeps good so you can enjoy the garden at least.xx

***

That was the night Fester announced "I have a treat for us in bed"  
“What?” I asked warily  
"Quiz!" geefully..  

Yes, dear reader, he'd saved all the Saturday Guardian quizzes I'd missed what with being exhausted, ill or not here.  

I bet the bastard wanted me to read the questions out to him too (I demurred).

It was then I realised it was getting on for seven weeks since we’d done the Guardian crossword in bed together (not a euphemism).

No comments:

Post a Comment