Sunday 22 March 2020

And Then It Hit Me #2


If you’ve not read the previous blog, read it now: but be warned, it is fairly graphic and not recommended for those with a weak stomach.

On Saturday (7th March) I managed to eat 3 Hobnobs dunked in half a cup of coffee, half a dozen Jacob’s cream crackers and a little cheese.  
Every hour or so Fester came in and told me to drink some water, or flat lemonade or flat cola.
He also ran me a bath, which was comforting but I was so stiff I wondered how I’d get in and out.
It felt like quite an achievement to remove the clothes I put on on Thursday morning and hadn’t had the strength to take off.
It also felt like an achievement to walk around the bed and turn the tv on.   
Thunderthighs and I always watch Ant &Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway together; usually in his room in the loft but I couldn’t manage the climb so he joined me on the big bed.

I was strong enough on Sunday (8th) morning to run my own bath.
Afterwards I was actually able to stand long enough to weigh myself.
I’d lost 7lb in 4 days – not the way to do it!

Sunday's meals comprised: a cup of coffe and some Hobnobs, a quarter of a tin of mushroom soup, some Jacobs cream crackers and a slice of bread with 2 fishfingers.

Fester was forced to totally take over caring for Ferretfingers.
And I was forced to accept the situation with as much grace as possible.
Apart from the odd “Where’s Mum?” Ferretfingers appeared unmoved by the change of staff.

On Sunday morning I realised that Ferretfingers had been alone downstairs for some time as Fester had, yet again, become engrossed in his list of pits and was at his computers in the office.
So I pulled on my dressing gown, dragged myself downstairs and sat on the chaise longue like Banquo’s ghost, glaring balefully at him when he finally appeared. 

It took more than a week to get strong enough to sit at the computer and look at emails, social media or anything else.  And then at first only for a few minutes.

My appetite is still not fully back, and I’m having to pace myself as I’m still low on stamina.

Sadly 5 of the 7 pounds have returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment