Thursday 26 May 2022

Covid Day Seven #1 Testing Testing

As I was beginning to feel a little better, and had spent the five days in of self-isolation, I started doing Lateral Flow Tests.

One of Ferretfingers’ obsessions is DVDs which he buys (usually) in charity shops, skim watches and then adds to the many towers of them around the back of the living room, some reaching the ceiling.

Every now and then one reaches a tipping point and there is a collapse.   
I think climbing up on and down off a chair to rebuild them is excellent exercise.

From Facebook Sunday 8 May 2022 at 09.43

Lateral flow test yesterday was still positive.
Need to do one on Ferretfingers today so he might be able to do his activities next week.
We're going to have to send out for a new box of tests.
Any ideas on the best place near Benton?

There was a major collapse of Ferretfingers's towers of DVDs last night (Miss Doozer may have heard the wails).  He got up at 6am to attempt a re-erection but stomped back upstairs with an "I'm going back to bed!" a while later.

Miss Doozer  I'll pop you a box through the letterbox once I've had my brew

Bentonbag Thank you so much. Fester just brought them up to me. We can now test Ferretfingers with impunity.
Drummerman  You can still get them by next day post from the .gov website: just select that you have been advised by a health professional to take a test (In my case by a Staff Nurse so I could be let back in to see Mrs Drummerman* when I’m safe).
Bentonbag  This should be fun. I've insisted Fester do Ferretfingers's lateral flow as 
a) I was positive yesterday and 
b) it's about time he learnt. 
I'm doing one myself in a minute. Then I can work out what's happening next week.

 

*Mrs Drummerman is in hospital following a fall, we wish her well as soon as possible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment