Tuesday 31 May 2022

Covid Aftermath: And Now Thunderthighs

Facebook post Thursday 19 May 2022 at 08.40

I did a lateral flow test on Thunderthighs at 7.15 this morning because his Hextol work experience supervisor, who he rides in the van with to jobs, tested positive for Covid yesterday.
Thunderthighs's test at tea time last night had a tiny faint line, and an even fainter one this morning, but it's still a positive so I'm afraid Ferretfingers won't be able to do his activities with Emil this week.
And, following protocol, I shouldn't really go to knit'n'natter tomorrow as I'd hate for any of our ladies to feel like I did a couple of weeks ago.
Thunderthighs is feeling well.   
He's planning to walk to the gym (45minutes) and check if there are any signs up about Covid.  If so he'll walk home.  If not he'll do a session and come home - I'm not sure how but he'll be masked if it's on the bus.
I'm still low on stamina.
Well at least I'll get some gardening done.
Ferretfingers is going to be most disappointed when he gets up.
Mrs Lasagne  I’m so sorry you’ve have been so poorly we have the same here with the ones who were positive for fourteen days X it’s an awful disease.
Woolerwoman  It's horrible and does drain stamina. Hope the boys are not ill too and that we all get to some semblance of normal soon.x
Squireen  I thought that there was no need to isolate if you are a contact.
Bentonbag  It's the LDNE protocol that household contacts can't use their services or go into the building for at least five days.  They have a lot of vulnerable and/or elderly service users so really need to minimise any risk to them.  Outreach workers (like Emil) go into so many other service users' homes they want to minimise the risk of spread. Also there's been such a lot of staff sickness they want to minimise that too - most admin staff can work from home but the face to face people can't.  The silver lining is I don't have to get up early tomorrow to get Ferretfingers up and out in time.
Squireen  Makes sense
Bazoukiboy  I will pop over when you're all sorted unless you need anything?
Bentonbag  We're fine thanks.  Thunderthighs is still going into shops, and is always masked. Fester is too (mostly).  And I have a source of buckshee tests so we're sorted there too.  We can always do a socially distanced sitting-in-the-garden cup of tea.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment