Sunday 22 September 2024

Rainy Day Job

I would consider myself one of the world's worst housewives but every now and again I get the hwyl (as Granma used to say)

From Facebook Archives
22 September 2022
Seeing as it's too wet to mow or hang washing out, both boys were out and Fester down the Mining Institute, I decided today was a good day for a bit of a sort out.

When we were self-employed Fester and I bought far too much stationery (possibly due to tempting Viking special offers).  

It was stored under the office workbenches.   
So, on hands and knees, I dragged out five boxes of C4 envelopes and three of poly-pockets, put them on the landing and carried them, one by one, down to the hall.   
When Emil brought Ferretfingers back from swimming he took them over to LD:NorthEast where Gwenfron the book-keeper was delighted to have them.

Some years ago Bazoukiboy got all Fester's old books out from the attic at the flat so repairs could take place.  Similarly a load of them came out of the office at the flat.   

They were all put in numbered boxes and onto the top shelf in this office and the loft landing.  Where I've gradually covered them with bags of donated yarn: numerous sacks to be honest.
Up I went and shifted all the sacks into Tunderthighs' penthouse.  
I dragged out eight boxes of books, brought them one by one down to the office and put them in the space vacated by the stationery.  Then replaced all the sacks of yarn.

I really regretted putting on leggings, vest, thick shirt, jumper and denim pinafore dress this morning as it was "a bit chilly".

There were six trips up and down from the landing to the hall, carrying boxes, and a least eight from the loft to the landing.

I was covered in sweat and dust, put all my clothes into the laundry basket and lay in a hot foamy bath for a good half hour to recover.

Henlady  Great rainy day job, well done

Mrs Lasagne  Wow you have worked hard today Ben x a well deserved bath xxxx
Mrs Bun  Eeeeeh Ben I'm worn out reading this.....I think I need a soak in the tub nowx
Woolerwoman  Bet you're feeling a very well-earned inner glow from having a really good sort out.
Mrs Poet  You put me to shame, young woman!
Mrs Mobilephone  It does make you feel better though!!!
Mrs Heath  Sounds just like when we had to move all of the newspapers out of damp cellar at Fozzy's and didn't get as much as a thank you from Jackie!! Job well done, you deserve a good rest after all of that xx
Dulcima  Well done you! I've been doing something similar, sorting out boxes brought down from the attic, in readiness for moving.  The charity shops have got quite a bit of stuff, so have the recycling and the bin!

1 comment:

  1. Those dreaded damp newspapers in the cellarst Fozzy's!!

    ReplyDelete