Thursday 19 September 2024

Wrong Numbers

For once one not about cold callers.
From Facebook Archives
19 September 2013 at 23:11
Phone rang this evening so I answered it with
"Good Evening."
"Ye left a message on my answering machine about me labrador."
"No I didn't."
"Yes you did, Ah've got an email here with yer number on."
"And what number are you trying to ring?"
She gives me a number which is an anagram of mine so I told her what number she had actually rung.
"Oh right" she says and rings off - no sorry, no thankyou no kissmyastrakancoat.
Just a good thing Fester didn't answer it.
His reply to a caller the other day was "If your name's John mine's Ibrahim - now pea soff!"
St Bernard  I got used to people hanging up on me a lot when I answered the phones at Community Furniture Service, but even that was preferable to the number of times I got ranted at or told to fuck off because some me-me-me type phoned up and wanted their donation picked up straight away.  Funnily enough, we weren't sitting around waiting for just their call, we had a roster booked for several days ahead.  Who'd have thought?😛
Sandy   Our number was one digit removed from the number for the Shields Road parcel office.  I twigged when we got one of those " sorry you weren't in" postcards; the fold in the card was where they stamped the number so's it was always smudged.  Still at 02.30 in the morning you'd have thought people might think the parcel office might not be open.
Bess Cavalier  The public seem to think I have the councillors stashed in a cupboard and that I can wheel one out whenever they need to speak to one.  Doesn't help when the switchboard implies to the caller that they are being put through to a councillor, rather than the person who can give them the contact details.

No comments:

Post a Comment