Sunday, 6 September 2026

Guilt Housework Cottage Smell

More mopping up of old posts, and a reminder of Lockdown days.
From Facebook Archives

6 September 2009 at 12:14

Have far too much to do to be sat here doing this

6 September 2011 at 14:44

Living room mats brushed and up, floor and hall swept and mopped.  
If I'd known it wasn't going to rain (damn you BBC24forecasts) I'd've washed the bath towels. Can you tell I've got family visiting soon?
 
6 September 2013 at 08:53
Will Fixit painting the living room arch (which had to have a steel beam installed last year) and chimney breasts forced me to shift everything in that part of the living room, have a sort out, hoover (!), dust (!!) and polish (!!!). 
Wot-nots have been reassembled and shifted and ornaments moved and replaced. 
For once most of the room looks as if it is lived in by civilised people. 
So Mrs Leftfoot, Squireen, Mrs Quilt, if you want to see this phenomenon visit soon - we'll be back to the usual midden ere long.
Bess Cavalier I sometimes have to invite people round for dinner so that it makes us tidy up properly.

6 September 2020 at 16.10

Hurrah- the cottage we want to stay in in Wales at half term says yes (Covid willing*)
McChurch  Whoopee. I`d like to say Yaki dah, but it`s certainly not spelled right and probably means something different from wot i fink it does.😜
*false hope - October Lockdown

6 September 2025 at 15.16

"I keep smelling cheese - I don't know if it's me beard or what..."
Mrs Leftfoot  Deary me.
Mrs Lasagne  Has someone got hold of your phone Ben xxxx
Bentonbag  I can't facebook on my phone - this is life chez Chateau Midden
Miss Doozer  Christ!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment