From Facebook Archives
Thunderthighs has started college.
Took him in this morning to enrol and take his first English class only to be told it was tomorrow, but got enrolment form from the teacher and took it to the office where two nice ladies sorted everything out for us.
As the English class time we'd been emailed was wrong I asked about the Maths and Biology. They looked confused (as well they might) and started 'phoning people. The Maths was this morning but Biology is (touch wood) next Thursday evening. Eventually they got the Manager down to tick two boxes and ring two times on the enrolment form and it was all sorted.
By this time Maths was half way through but as it was an introductory session Thunderthighs could go in without any disruption. As he sat down and I walked away I was suddenly back in Woodlawn School twelve years ago leaving him in Henlady’s class. The strangest feeling. I hope he's as happy as he was with her.
It transpires the Manager is from Bettws-y-Coed so I had a little chat in Welsh before leaving.
I was so elated that it's all sorted I went and lit a thank-you candle in the Cathedral and had a coffee and caramel-shortbread in the cafe.
He's home now feeling rather strange at spending such a short time in class.
We both agree it was a very good thing his father didn't go down with him or there would have been a small nuclear explosion in the office before everything got sorted out
Mrs Poet Lovely to read this.

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment