Sunday, 13 September 2026

Lockdown Day Out

As the first Lockdown eased and we were allowed to drive short distances Druridge Bay was the first place we went.

In truth Thunderthighs and I had already been there on Mother’s Day as I needed to get away from the house and be somewhere wild for a while, so much so that I was willing to argue the toss with any authority that might try to stop us.

From Facebook Archives

13 September 2020 loaded 9 new photos to the album Spring 2020 Summer
Lockdown
Although for me it started on 7th February when Ferretfingers broke his ankle.
It's been the strangest Spring and Summer I've ever known.

Thank God for the garden, and that we're fortunate to have a house big enough to get away from each other, and the technology to keep in touch with friends and family (however unsatisfactory zoom etc are) and a car and a beach within reasonable distance.

Even so it has been hard.

I threatened to skinny dip but Thunderthighs looked like he might be ill. 

There was one bloke walking along the beach in a state of nature (but wearing shoes) with a woman, presumably his wife, carrying a back pack.  I did wonder for a moment whether his clothes were in there.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment