| Which reminds me – it’s far too long since I saw the sea and had a paddle |
From
Facebook Archives
OK
folks here's one.
Having
been seduced into seawading (or plodging in the venacular) by Mrs Poet I've
promised to take the boys for a paddle tomorrow. But which sandy beach should it be?
Druridge
- a bit far but easy parking and The Drift café
Seaton
Sluice - parking? somewhere to eat?
WhitleyBay south of St Mary's
Longsands - nicest but parking problematic and
likely to be crowded.
Any opinions ...
Mrs
Lasagne Well
Tynemouth ,but crowded usually , Druridge lovely ,xxx
Mrs
Jeremy We
often go to Seaton Sluice beach for a walk. There's free parking and it's a nice beach. We've always been able to get parked. Food
-wise, there is the Waterford Arms pub and a couple of others whose names I
can't remember.
Kentishlady
Seaton Sluice
gets my vote too!
Mrs
Fisher There
is also Crescent Cafe in Seaton Delaval which is en route to Seaton Sluice (or
you could stop off on your way home ) which has the most amazing ice cream. It also does food.
Float
Druridge
every time for me!
Mrs
Poet Just got
back ..try out the others and tell me if they match up to Longsands
🐬
Mr
Ofarabia Read
the info on sinking sand unusually occurring on some beaches in the north east
this year, can't remember where I saw it.
StBernard:-
Druridge too
far.
Seaton Sluice has best chippy but closed Sundays.
Longsands canny but pay
to park & expensive chippies (and Bill's at Cullercoats and Marshall's at
Tynemouth are both shit).
Answer for a Sunday = park in the huge free car park
at Blyth South Beach & enjoy the plodging there on the North end of the
Blyth-Seaton Sluice beach. 'The Coastline' Italian chippy is pricey and second
best to the (closed Sundays) Harbour View at Seaton Sluice but it beats the
hell out of the rubbish on offer in Cullercoats, Tynemouth & North Shields.
Here endeth the rant😛
Mrs
Jeremy Do let
us know which beach you decide to go to, Ben - I'm curious to know which one
wins the day!
Philsniece
You can
always park in our drive for Longsands x
Bentonbag
I would but I don't have your correct address!
Philsniece
Oops, we've
been through this before - sorry, will message you now, feel free to park
anytime if you want to visit the beach or Tynemouth or just pop in for a cup of
tea x
Mr
Littlefamily Dumping
surf at Sluice on occasions. Blyth is
good.
(We ended up at Blyth Beach, but I still prefer Druridge Bay)
No comments:
Post a Comment