Wednesday 24 November 2021

Advent Calendar

Ever since the boys were born kind relatives have sent them cheques on their birthdays and at Christmas “so you can get what they want.”  These have all been put into first a Post Office, and, more recently, a building society account.  It’s added up and now the boys can use, much later than anticipated, their gifts on whatever they want. Not always on things I might approve of … 
From Facebook archives …

22 November 2017 at 10:54 
After dropping Ferretfingers off at college for Recycled Art, Thunderthighs and I went to Tesco for the big shop (where we bumped into Mrs Bun).

Thunderthighs has decided he wants an Advent Calendar and was determined it should be a Lindt Teddy one costing £10.  I baulked and suggested ones that cost 75p, £1.50 or even £5, but no.

"Well you're not getting that one unless you agree to come to Church with me on Christmas Day."

I finally got him shifted and as we walked down the main aisle he said "I'll be back."

Thank you Arnie.

 

Monday, 27 November 2017

Remember the Arnie Advent Calendar incident last week?

Well today Thunderthighs came home with something large in his cloth bag.   

I spotted him putting his building society book back in the filing cabinet.   

Then I noticed what was in the bag:  The Lindt Advent Calendar.

“Where did you get that?”

“Tesco’s.”

“So did you take money out of your building society to buy it?”

“Yes.”

“How much did it cost?”

“A tenner, but I took out twenty just in case.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment