Saturday 13 November 2021

Cinema and Trousers


From Facebook Archives

13 November 2010 at 10:29

Saturday plans: 

Ferretfingers & I to the Odeon for The owls of Gilhoolie (or some such); 

Thunderthighs to Tynemouth on the metro; 

Fester bus to Byker for cheap food shopping.

Later

“The Guardians - The Owls of Ga'hoole”  OK story but far too much in love with its own 3d special effects.  There's only so much "ooh look I can see every feather move" and spiritual soaring through wind/wave/foam/fire/snow/ice one can take.   Good to hear Australian accents rather than the usual Yankee ones.  Loud too; are the people in charge of the volume hard of hearing?
I'd love to see what they'd do with Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

13 November 2010 at 19:08

Thunderthighs has managed to destroy another pair of trousers; Cotton Traders bought in August.  He's also yet again split the seam on the crotch of his school trousers.  

I've lost count of the number of crotches I've sewn back together again.   

Anyone know where I can get big, hardwearing, inexpensive men's trousers?

Ms Yarnfray  Ben, the same happens to my son's as well. In fact two pairs went at the same time recently.  I have started using School Uniform shop online.  They use good brands and I wait for the sales to be on - there is one on now in fact https://www.schooluniformshop.co.uk/
Bentonbag Thanks for that.  Sadly they don't have big enough waist sizes.  Good lot of leg lengths though.

14 November 2010 at 23:05 ·

Seem to have spent most of today on trousers: sorting them out by waist size; taking them in; finding and attaching braces; letting down leg hems; and sewing up the fly and putting elastic in the waist of a pair of pyjamas.   

Thunderthighs now has spares.  

Fester has the ones that fit, the work ones and the ones-to-slim-back-into separated.  

I've won half a dozen pairs too small for the boys.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment