Wednesday 5 October 2022

Printer Problem

For some time Ferretfingers’ obsession was to try and print out the whole of the internet – or so it felt.

From Facebook archives
5 October 2017 at 18:05 
Ferretfingers's printer appears to have died (you may be able to hear the howls). 
There is an identical printer in the loft.
We found them while sorting the office out last year and I have no idea why Fester had two. 
So. 
Should I let him have the other one? 
And if so what demand should I make about the thousands of sheets he has already printed out, put in poly-pockets and stacked all over the living room? 
Or (and here evil Mummy is raising her head) should I give him the other one as a Christmas present? 
Also to be taken into account is the fact that I'm away with the Coven this weekend; which means the likelihood of him getting into the office early doors and printing stuff off on our printer is much greater than if I were here. 
Erica  I always go for the easy option that causes least stress for me.  Have a good weekend away. 
Mrs Lasagne  Keep it for Christmas !  It's only weeks away xxxx 
Mrs Allotment  How about printer now, followed by paper, ink and a small filing cabinet for his room for Christmas.  And some rules about how the printing must take up no more room than is available in the filing cabinet, sometimes things must be recycled!  Might be too much at once though, good luck, enjoy your weekend x 
Pink Kitchen  Save it!  He will find a new hobby that might, just, be less frustrating! 
Henlady  Difficult choices, but I think Mrs Allotment is right ! 
Woolerwoman  Does Ferretfingers know about the other one in the loft?  
How much havoc would Ferretfingers cause if he let rip on your printer?   
Is it more trouble than letting him have the 'spare' one now?   
How upset or frustrated is he at not being able to print?   
I think you should go away and have a great weekend and let his father deal with it for a day or two.! 
Mrs Allotment  And then post about how Fester gets on! 😁 
StBernard  Hide all inks and change your credit and debit card numbers until you return.   
Second printer as early Xmas gift.  
Leave pens and scrap paper in case he wants a physical copy of anything while you're away.   
Leave Bazoukiboy's number in case he needs assistance while you're away.  
Evil Mam rocks 😁 lol 
Later that evening
Bentonbag  Brought the spare down and he completely refused to have anything to do with it.  It came with cds so is probably too old to bother with.  He is out with Emil tomorrow so Fester is going to have to negotiate them going to the Metro centre to buy a cheap plug in and play one.  So glad I won't be here for that. 
Miss Doozer  Poor unwanted printer!  I now know why WW3 kicked off last night!   Enjoy your break and make sure you get up to no good! 
Mrs Poet Glad you won't be there, too.  Live it up when away  
A few days later 
Bentonbag On my return found the new printer still in its box - it can remain there as long as it likes as far as I'm concerned.
Oh and the old printer has been put "out of sight and out of mind" in the garage.
I had to tell Dr Fester to do this on one of my phone-calls home (which he insists I make "because Thunderthighs worries")

No comments:

Post a Comment