Saturday 29 October 2022

Scenes From A Marriage


As Facebook Archives are empty for today we’re returning once again to those days we missed earlier in the month as I was away.

Some readers may have watched the BBC series Marriage with Sean Bean (I didn’t)

Here is a triptych of moments with my own Sheffield United supporter …

9 October 2017 at 20:11 
Guess who said what in the conversation my husband and I have just enjoyed. 
"I've just eaten that tin of rice pudding that's been in the cupboards for decades.  I used it to sweeten my ..." 
"Character?" 
"It'd take a f**kload of rice pudding to do that." 
Bazoukiboy Just a thought...what is the annual production of Golden Syrup?

7 October 2020

Sat here.
Fester belches horribly then says, by way of explanation "Kippers for lunch.  Cheap kippers for lunch."
"I know. I smelled them."
"Look on the bright side, at least you haven't got Covid." 
Kingsmen Cameraman  Having been through the ordeal of covid swabs twice now, I still think it is a more pleasant way to be tested than seeing if you can smell Fester's kipper-induced belches.

13 October 2021 at 15:28
So I come home from collecting Ferretfingers from the Rising Sun to find Fester nauseatingly cheerfully washing up or, as he puts it “doing the pots”, sink full of froth and agitation.
"Got to do me chores" he grins roguishly at me.
"Oh God!  What did I do to deserve this?  I must have done something awful in a previous life."
"You've done some pretty awful things in this one."
I didn't ask him to elaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment