Saturday 15 October 2022

Family Finance

 


On the Friday I went off to the Coven the plan was to leave straight from LDNorthEast’s office after knit&natter.   

As usual that morning I was in a bit of a rush; finishing packing, getting Ferretfingers ready for his walk with Emil and myself ready for knit’n’natter.
I’d intended to raid the stash for weekend cash and, as always, make sure Ferretfingers didn’t have too much money in his wallet as he only needs enough to buy his lunch 
(if that).
However, when we got to LDNE’s building I realised I’d done neither.   
So I begged all Ferretfingers’ notes off him, promising to pay him back on my return.
Then I phoned Fester and informed him; because, communication being weak on both sides, if Ferretfingers had returned with an empty wallet and nothing to show for it there would have been an explosion.
Fester reimbursed him.

At the Coven I paid for one of our meals with my debit card and everyone gave me their share in cash.  

I was also owed money for organising a joint seventieth birthday gift.   
More cash.  
Having paid for almost everything by card I came home with far more folding money than when I left.
So much so that, to Fester’s astonishment, I actually put some notes back into the stash.
A rare, if not singular, occurrence.

On the Monday Ferretfingers’ day centre was closed due to boiler repairs so the boys and I went up to Cambois to collect driftwood.

As usual we had lunch at Charltons.
Ferretfingers paid with a twenty pound note.
Then looked at me pointedly and said 
“Twenty pound note please Mummy?!”
“I haven’t got one.  But I can give you two tens.”

No comments:

Post a Comment