Sunday 27 December 2020

Sea Fever

 Middlesister loves to see the sea … so of course lives in Derbyshire which is about as far from the sea as you can get.  The present unpleasantness means she hasn’t see the sea for far too long.

Whenever I take the boys to the beach I stand in the sea and phone her so she can at least hear it  (if I’m on the beach I’m either barefoot or in wellies.)

As it was fine today we decided to have a trip out.  

Thunderthighs vetoed the Quayside Market and “North Tyneside coast” so it was up to Cambois.  We normally walk along the beach and along the bank of the River Wansbeck to collect driftwood. That wasn’t possible today as the tide was as high as we’ve ever seen it, and rough enough to demand respect.
(My childhood, and older, anxiety dream was to be caught on a beach with waves coming in from either side and no way up and away.)

Whilst Thunderthighs and Ferretfingers were consuming their fish and chips in the car I went back to the beach and took this video for Middlesister.

I hope anyone else who is landlockdowned likes it too.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment